Video Schema Generator for Blogs, Article and News Websites
With the article schema type, you can add structured markups for a news, blog or article page that can enhance the appearance in search results.
WATCH WALK-THROUGH VIDEO
What Is the Video Schema Generator?
In today’s era of short attention spans, videos are a potent medium for conveying information, necessitating their optimization for search engines. This is where Video Schema, or Video Markup, comes into play. Schema Markup is code added to HTML that enhances search engines’ comprehension of content, aiding in more informative search results. Video Schema offers intricate data about a video, like its title, duration, and upload date, enabling search engines to display rich snippets, potentially boosting click-through rates.
How to Add Video Schema Generator?
Here’s a simplified guide to implementing review schema markup on your website using a YouTube video link. You don’t need any coding skills for this:
- Access the Schema Markup Generator: Visit a schema markup generator tool that supports video schema, like Google’s Structured Data Markup Helper.
- Select “Review” Schema Type: Choose the “Review” schema type from the available options. This will help you create a structured data markup that represents a review of the video.
- Paste YouTube Video URL: Copy the URL of the YouTube video you want to create a review schema for. Then, in the schema markup generator, locate the relevant field (like “URL” or “Video URL”) and paste the YouTube link there.
- Fill in Review Details: The schema markup generator will likely prompt you to fill in review-related details, such as the reviewer’s name, review text, rating, and other relevant information. This is essential to create a comprehensive review schema.
- Generate the Markup: After inputting the necessary information, the generator will produce the structured data markup in JSON-LD format, which is preferred by search engines like Google.
- Add Markup to Your Page: Copy the generated JSON-LD markup code. If you’re using a website builder or content management system (CMS), there’s usually a dedicated section to add custom code, often found in the page’s header or settings. Paste the copied markup there.
- Test the Markup: It’s crucial to ensure that your markup is valid and functioning correctly. Utilize Google’s Rich Results Testing Tool to test your structured data. Enter your page’s URL to see how the markup is being interpreted by search engines.
- Submit for Indexing: If the testing tool confirms that your markup is error-free, submit the page to Google for indexing. This helps Google recognize and display your structured data in search results.
Remember, while using YouTube videos is convenient, providing video URLs hosted on your own site is ideal for driving traffic directly to your website. This boosts the chances of viewers engaging with your content on your platform.
Video Schema, also known as Video Markup, provides additional data about videos to search engines. This helps search engines display rich snippets in search results, improving visibility and click-through rates.
Using a Video Schema Generator simplifies the process. It enhances search engine visibility, making videos more appealing in search results, which can lead to higher engagement and organic traffic.